By R. Payne Smith
Read or Download A Commentary upon the Gospel according to S. Luke, by S. Cyril, Patriarch of Alexandria. Part I PDF
Similar nonfiction_2 books
If i'm Assassinated. [Hardcover] [Jan 01, 1979] Bhutto, Zulfikar Ali; Pran Chapra (Introduction) . ..
- A Hat Full of Sky: The Continuing Adventures of Tiffany Aching and the Wee Free Men (Discworld, #32)
- VF-11 111 'Sundowners' 1942-95 (Aviation Elite Units)
- The Self (Ratio Special Issues)
- The Sandman #3 Master of Dreams: Dream A Little Dream of Me
- When Pride Still Mattered : A Life Of Vince Lombardi
Additional resources for A Commentary upon the Gospel according to S. Luke, by S. Cyril, Patriarch of Alexandria. Part I
Cyril s De Ador. which explanation in Spir. Ed. Aub. I. 531. agrees with the present Com- mentary. Zech. x. s COMMENTARY UPON 26 have been received and ransomed, hav the as the token of peace from God the Father, ing obtained is by faith in that the and His family grace adoption into And the divine disciples were sown widely Jesus Christ. were before for they ; what the Those consequence among the nations and who in disposition were far from God, have been made near. To whom also the divine Paul sends an epistle, saying, Now afar off have been made near in the ye who some time were : is ?
4. : hope of gaining the wit, the city that is above, even the citizenship, to kingdom of heaven. the precious Also in the sign that is spoken against, he means to the Jews it is a stumCross, for as theTnost wise Paul writes, ^12,154. And by the " " " And again, "To iCor. " them that are perishing it is foolishness but to us who are iCor. " The sign being saved, it is the power of God unto : " therefore is be while to those folly tion and ; spoken against, if to those that perish who acknowledge its power seem it it is to salva life.
Quot; He had And He " sinned, is said to for lie did we shall have died no sin, nei- iPet. 22. but because of our ther was guile found in His mouth," Like as therefore we died together with " Him when He sin. died, we also rise together with Him. nature Again, when the Son was present among us, though by God and the Lord of all, He does not on that account despise our measure, but along with us is subject to the same law, al so shall though as God He is He was circumcised Himself the when Like the Jews, prove His descent legislator.